Contents of the Event (performance, exhibition or function etc)
1. The Hirer shall take all necessary steps to ensure that:
a. All necessary licenses and approvals for the Event have been obtained, a soft/hard copy of the license/approval must be given to the Management prior to the commencement of the Event;
b. All applicable payments, including license fees or royalty payments in relation to the intended Event have been duly made;
c. The Event will not in any way infringe upon the rights, including intellectual property rights of any third party;
d. The event will not:
i. Erode the core moral values of society including but not limited to the promotion of permissive lifestyles and depictions of obscenity or graphic sexual conduct;
ii. Denigrate or debase any person, group or class of individuals on the basis of race or religion, or serve to create conflict or misunderstanding in Singapore’s multi-cultural and multi-religious society
iii. Disparage or demean government bodies, public institutions or national leaders and/or subvert national security or stability;
iv. Be offensive or obscene in nature or derogatory or defamatory to any third party or bring any dispute to or prejudice Arpanam Pte Ltd in any way whatsoever.
e. Any remedial action required by the Management in response to requests from statutory authorities (eg: SPF, IMDA, NAC, MCCY) must be taken immediately and with no legal or financial liability being attributed to Arpanam Pte Ltd Limited and/or the National Arts Council;
f. The Hirer shall indemnify Arpanam Pte Ltd Limited and/or National Arts Council and/or IMDA against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings arising out of any infringement of copyright on the unauthorised playing, performing or use of any record, tape, apparatus or contrivance occurring during the period of hire of the premises.
g. The Event does not contravene the laws of the Republic of Singapore
Proper Care for General Property
2. The Hirer is to treat the premises of Arpanam Pte Ltd with respect and care. Facilities are not to be tampered with at any time. Hirers will be fully liable for any damages or irresponsible actions pertaining to the facilities that are caused by them.
3. The Hirer is to treat the venue and general premises within Arpanam Pte Ltd with care and responsibility, and not to carry out any activities that may cause damage (eg, stickers on wall/beams which may peel paints).
4. The payment terms are as follows:
• 100% deposit payable upon acceptance of the Agreement, upon being presented with an invoice and in advance of event date.
• 100% of booking fee payable upon acceptance of the Agreement and upon being presented with an invoice
1) All bank transfers should be made to DBS account 003-956057-5 bearing name Arpanam Pte Ltd.
2) All cheques must be crossed and made payable to “Arpanam Pte Ltd”
5. The Hirer shall pay to Arpanam Pte. Ltd. any goods and services tax or other imposition of a like nature by whatever name called (collectively called "Taxes") that may be levied or imposed on the booking fee and any other sums payable by the Hirer under this booking and in respect of any goods or services supplied under or in connection with this booking.
Booking and Cancellation of Venue(s)
6. All venues booked under the Agreement will be automatically released and the acceptance of the Agreement is deemed void if the payment for the booking fee and deposit are not received within 24 hours after the issue of the first invoice (based on the invoice date).
7. The Management accepts no responsibility for any cancellation by the Hirer and the deposit made and booking fee paid are non- refundable. If notice of cancellation is given less than two (2) weeks prior to the event, the full payment would be levied on the Hirer.
8. If full payment is not received within 24 hours after the invoice has been raised, the Management reserves the right to release the venues booked.
9. The Management reserves the right to advance, defer, terminate or cancel any confirmed venue bookings in the event, where supervening circumstances make it necessary for the Management to do so. In such an event, the Management will endeavour to give the Hirer as much notice as reasonably practicable. The Management will refund the deposit paid by the Hirer if the Management cancels the booking or the Hirer declines a rescheduling of the dates. Save as aforesaid, the Management shall not have any liability to the Hirer for any loss or damage arising from the exercise of the rights herein.
10. The venues shall not be used for any purpose or in any manner which in the opinion of the Management may become a nuisance or may give cause for complaint from other occupants of the building or the public. In this regard, the opinion of the Management shall be final, conclusive and binding on the Hirer. The Management shall have the right to terminate the whole or any part(s) of the event which it deems unacceptable and no claims for damages, losses, costs, expenses or otherwise whatsoever shall lie against Arpanam Pte Ltd Ltd on the account of such termination.
Food & Beverage Catering
11. The Management requires the Hirer to cater food & beverages services from Arpanam ONLY. No outside catering or food and beverage of any form whatsoever are permitted to be brought in by the Hirer into the premises. Should outside food or beverage be brought in by the Hirer, a penalty of $500 will be levied by the Management and in this regard, the opinion of the Management shall be final, conclusive and binding on the Hirer.
12. Water is available for consumption in our micro-kitchen. However, the Hirer and their party will be required to bring their own non-single-use plastic water bottles. Arpanam Pte Ltd. wishes to remain as single-use plastic free as possible.
13. Should the Hirer request for the use of A/V equipment and need the additional support of a sound engineer or other related assistance, Arpanam will provide such support and will charge separately for such services as laid out in our booking form.
14. The Hirer is to place a refundable deposit by cash or cheque only (cheque should be crossed and made payable to “Arpanam Pte Ltd Ltd”) within 24 hours of receiving the invoice. The amount of the deposit for the designated event space is $150. The Management will refund the balance of this deposit, after deducting $100 for post-use cleaning services.
15. The Management reserves the right to enter the premises at all times to inspect and, if appropriate, determine the damages to the venue, damages and/or loss of equipment/furniture/fittings as well as the state of cleanliness of the venues (after use). If there is no damage or loss, and the venues are cleaned, the Management will refund the entire deposit(s) to the Hirer. If there are damages and/or losses or if the venues are not cleaned, the Management will take necessary action to rectify the damages, losses and/or clean up the venues. All costs due to cleaning, rectification works and replacement of lost assets will be borne by the Hirer and will be deducted from the deposit(s). If the cost of cleaning, rectification or replacement is higher than the deposits, the Hirer is required to make the additional payment. The additional payment is to be made within five (5) business days after being informed of the repair, purchase and/or cleaning cost(s). Failure to make the additional payment may result in legal action.
Disposal of Bulky Materials / Waste
16. The Hirer shall make their own arrangement to dispose bulky items such as crates, props, flower stands, furniture, equipment etc outside of Arpanam Events. If these bulky items are left within the premises of Arpanam Events after the event, the Management will engage necessary contractor(s) to dispose of the items. All disposal cost will be borne by the Hirer and will be deducted from the security deposit(s). If the cost of disposal is higher than the deposits, the Hirer is required to make the additional payment. The additional payment is to be made within five (5) business days after being informed of the disposal cost.
Note: The above terms and conditions and rates are subject to change without prior notice.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE USE OF FACILITIES AT ARPANAM PTE LTD
17. These regulations governing the use of the shared facilities such as lounge, conference room, event space, and other spaces (“Venues”) at Arpanam Pte Ltd, which are for rental, are issued by Arpanam Pte Ltd.
18. The term “Manager” whenever used hereafter shall mean the person or persons in charge of venue rental at Arpanam Pte Ltd., and also person or persons as may be deputed by him to act on his behalf for the purpose of these Regulations.
Conditions and Restrictions
19. No person other than the authorized staff of Arpanam Pte Ltd. shall be permitted to remain on the Venues after the closing hours.
20. Except during the hours of any performance/event, no person shall be admitted to the Venues unless on official business.
21. The Manager may refuse admission to any person who in his opinion is likely to cause embarrassment or annoyance to other users/patrons of the Venues or patrons of Arpanam Pte Ltd.
22. The Hirer shall observe the rental time of the commencement of the performance/event and shall vacate the Venues on or before the expiry date and time of rental of the Venues.
23. Intoxicating or other liquors, beverages and food shall not be consumed at the Venues.
24. Cooking is not allowed in any part of the Venues.
25. No smoking or striking of matches/gas lighters will be allowed in the rented Venues except when they are necessary for the business of the performance/function, in which case, approval needs to be obtained from the Manager. If the approval is given, sufficient suitable receptacles shall be provided by the Hirer for the purpose of depositing matches, cigarette ends and pipe refuse. No naked fire shall be allowed at the Venues. There shall be strictly no smoking or striking of matches/gas lighters in the Technical Control Room/Area.
26. Screws, nails, masking tape, double-sided tape, or any devices of any description likely to deface the walls, floors or ceilings are not allowed to be used on any part of the Venues.
27. All materials, goods, equipment, etc shall not be dragged in the Venues. For heavy loads, trolleys with rubber castors are to be used. These will need to be brought in by the Hirer at their own expense.
28. No advertising materials (such as banners and posters) or decorative materials shall be permitted on or around the Venues without the prior approval of the Manager.
29. The seating arrangements at the Venues may not be altered without the prior approval of the Manager.
30. All passageways and means of exit at Arpanam Pte Ltd shall be kept clear.
31. Over-amplification of sound by electronic devices that may cause annoyance to other users of the Venues, tenants and patrons at Arpanam Pte Ltd and the residents around is strictly prohibited.
32. No electrical apparatus or fittings of any kind shall be attached to, or used in conjunction with the existing electrical fittings without the prior permission of the Manager. If permission is given, the Hirer shall comply with the relevant authorities’ requirements and install them at his own expense.
33. No audio or video recording, filming or still photography shall be taken during a performance/function except with the permission of the Hirer and with the prior consent of the Manager.
34. No Hirer shall have control over any staff of Arpanam Pte Ltd.. Any disagreement with any member of the staff or misbehaviour on the part of the staff shall be reported to the Manager who will thereafter deal with the matter.
35. Giving of gratuities to staff members of Arpanam Pte Ltd. is strictly prohibited.
36. The Hirer shall not be entitled to any refund of the rental charges or to any compensation under any circumstances unless otherwise provided for. However, if any major breakdown should occur resulting in non- supply of electricity to Arpanam Pte Ltd for more than four hours whilst the hired Venues is being used by the Hirer, the rental charges of any appropriate part thereof affected by the electrical breakdown may be refunded provided that the function is cancelled due to such breakdown.
37. The Hirer must reset and reinstate all lights, switches and equipment in the Venue back to their original settings and position as was handed over to the Hirer by the Manager. Should this not be done or not satisfactorily completed in the handover back to the Manager, the Manager reserves the right to debit the cost of reinstatement of all equipment back to their original settings and position from the Hirer's security deposit. Should the cost of reinstating the equipment be greater than the security deposit held by Management, the Manager reserves the right to invoice the Hirer the remaining amount to ensure satisfactory reinstatement of all equipment in the Venue.
38. Bookings are made strictly between Arpanam and the Hirer and are not transferable by the Hirer to anyone.
39. The Manager reserves the rights to cancel, terminate, advance or defer any bookings of Venues at any time by giving prior notice to the Hirer. The Manager will only exercise this right of termination upon extraordinary circumstances such as security matters. In this respect, the decision of the Manager shall be final. The Manager may in his/her absolute discretion grant or refuse any application for the use of the Venues without assigning any reason.
40. In any of the above cases, the Hirer shall be given advance notice as early as possible of the intention to cancel, terminate, advance or defer the bookings. The Manager or Arpanam Pte Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer arising out of or in connection with such cancellation, termination, advancement or deferment of any booking.
41. Upon cancellation or termination of bookings, any money paid by way of booking fee or deposit for the whole or part of the period of booking shall be refunded without interest.
42. It is the duty of the Hirer to ensure and to prove the following has been obtained with respect to the use of the Venues for the purpose of performance, exhibition, function, meeting, seminar, etc
a. necessary licence(s), permits etc from the relevant authorities
b. written permission from the copyright owners, if applicable
43. The Hirer shall on request produce the necessary licenses, permits or other documents.
44. The Hirer shall be responsible to pay all copyright royalties, if any, where applicable.
45. The Hirer shall indemnify the Manager and Arpanam Pte Ltd. against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings arising out of any infringement of copyright on the unauthorized playing, performance or use of any record, tape, apparatus or contrivance occurring during the period of rental of the Venues.
Loss or Damage to Properties
46. The storage of properties at the Venues will be at the risk of the Hirer or owner, and the Manager of Arpanam Pte Ltd. will not be held responsible for any damage or loss by any cause whatsoever.
47. All properties must be removed on or before the expiry date and time of the venue hire unless an extension of the venue hire period is agreed to between the Hirer and the Manager, and payment for the extended period made immediately. Failing which, the Manager reserves the right to dispose of or to destroy such properties as he may think fit. No claim whatsoever shall be made against the Manager or Arpanam Pte Ltd. on account of such disposal or destruction.
48. Should any equipment or property at the Venues are broken, damaged or lost, or should any damage be done to the Venues, the Hirer shall pay a sufficient sum to make good such damage or loss. No equipment or property shall be altered or modified without the prior written approval of the Manager. If such approval is given, the Manager may require a security deposit to be given by the Hirer to cover the cost of the repair or replacement should the equipment or property is damaged.
49. The Manager or ARPANAM PTE LTD. shall not be held responsible for any loss of or damage to any properties of the Hirer.
50. The Hirer shall be entirely responsible for the proper and safe setting up of all his props and for the proper working of all his own electrical, mechanical and other appliances. The Manager or Arpanam Pte Ltd. shall not be held liable for any loss or damage, including but not limited to any accident or personal injury occurring to the public and/or any person engaged in connection with the work involved with the setting up of such props and the working of such appliances. The Hirer is advised to have a public liability insurance for his exhibition, performance or event.
51. The charges for the hire of the various Venues shall be in accordance with approved rates in force and the Manager shall decide the type of rates applicable to the performance/function. The tariff charges are subject to changes without prior notice.
Use of the name “Arpanam Pte Ltd.” in any form, including visuals.
52. The Hirer undertakes to exercise due care to ensure the name “Arpanam Pte Ltd.” will not be used, mentioned or reproduced in any of his productions, businesses, products, promotions, advertisements or activities in relation to their hire of the space, that will in the opinion of the public, lower the dignity of the Venues.
53. The Hirer shall not be allowed to use pictures of Arpanam Pte Ltd in any form without the prior approval in writing by the Manager. If approval is given, the Hirer is required to submit all details of the use, and obtain a written consent for the use.
54. The Hirer shall ensure that all parties working with the Hirer adhere to these Regulations and comply with the directions of the Manager.
55. Arpanam Pte Ltd. reserves the right to waive any of the above Regulations and/or add other provisions into the Regulations.
56. If any one or more of the provisions contained herein shall be deemed invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired but these Regulations shall be construed as if they did not contain such invalid, unlawful or unenforceable provision.
Exclusion of liability
57. The Manager’s or Arpanam Pte Ltd. sole obligation to the Hirer shall be to lease out the Venues to the Hirer. For the avoidance of doubt, the Manager or Arpanam Pte Ltd. shall not be responsible for informing the Hirer of any restriction of access to the Venues, whether by means of public transport, public roads or otherwise, which may, in any way affect the staging of the performance/function by the Hirer during the period of booking of the Venues by the Hirer. In this respect, the Manager or Arpanam Pte Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer or any third party arising out of or in connection with such restrictions of access to these Venues.
58. No party shall be liable to any party for the failure or delay in performance of these Regulations if and to the extent that such failure or delay is the result of Acts of God, governmental orders or actions, changes in legislation, war (whether declared or not), national emergencies, strikes, lockouts or any other industrial, civil or public disturbances, fire or accident, or any event or circumstances for which the relevant party cannot reasonably be held responsible.
Rights of Third Parties
59. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of its terms.
Note: The above regulations are subject to change without prior notice.